Does this happen when in Gnome or any other Window Manager other than KDE, but
KDE works OK? And do you get the same symptom when trying to open any other
'drak' tool?

If so it is a bug I reported to Cooker in 9.0Beta2 but no one else seemed to
have a problem with it.  When I upgraded to Beta 3 it went away, and I have
not tried Beta4 or RC1.

If this describes your symptoms I suggest a clearly worded post to the Cooker
list might be in order.

derek