On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 02:13:57 -0600
Jan Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you tried a different keyboard?  That would be the first step in
> ruling out a hardware problem with the keyboard.
>
> If the borrowed keyboard works, get a new keyboard and don't worry
> about it.  If it does the same thing, it could still be a hardware
> problem with your motherboard.
>
> I have installed Mandrake 8.2 a lot of times, and have never had this
> problem with a variety of keyboards, from brand new to ones with a lot
> of key names rubbed off (old).  Never had this problem.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is a laptop computer -- how
easy is it to test a different keyboard when one is already built in?

Also, the problem does not occur in virtual consoles, as near as i can
tell, just in X.

This is a new one for me too. I've installed a lot of different distros
and every mandrake since at least 7.2 and I've never had a keyboard
problem before.

--
Chris Spackman

gpg: 9B6B 860E 7C06 787F 366F 5D3E 7152 DCB2 FC51 51B9