-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Olaf Marzocchi
Sent: Saturday, 7 September 2002 7:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Kernel of MDK 9 compiled for i686

Is there a kernel compiled for i686 in the MDK9?

I heard that RH includes 3 kernel compiles in his distro: i486 (useless for
MDK), i686 and athlon.

I think a good idea would be to ship 3 kernels and let only the expert user
choose (during install): i586, i686, athlon.
The first is useful for old machines, the others are useful with newer
machines.

Olaf

<olaf@ kjws.com> for every kind of mail, except spam! :-)