On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, _nasturtium wrote:

> Hello,
>       Not quite relevant to this, but would anyone know of a package
> for Mandrake that creates avis/mpegs/mov/[insert file type here]?

Creates, you mean like encodes to? Again, try MPlayer. Mplayer contains a
program called mencoder, which can be used to encode to several formats,
including ripping DVD to DivX. I am actually writing a guide for Linux
users (Mainly LM users) to create DivX (avi) rips from DVD using mencoder
(from MPlayer). Just finished actually, all I have to do now is polish it
up, and getting rid of those damn spelling mistakes ;-)

>       I've looked at mjpeg at sourceforge, but there aren't many packages
> for it.

There are several projects, however many projects simply provide encoders,
but no program to run it with. I'm not sure about this one, but as I said
above, try MPlayer. You will have to upgrade your GCC though, but most
probably you would have to anyway with any other, as the gcc-0.9.6* is
buggered.

Hope this helps,
Ralph
--