Dear All,

I have LM 8.2 on an Athlon XP 1600+ and 512 megs ram . I have a HP 4300c
scanner that I am using as USB and I wonder if anyone here has that one and
has it working? I would love to get mine to work. It is detected and xsane
put an icon up for it. I do not know if it is truly configured correctly
though. When I try to use it from the xsane button I get an error message "no
scanner found". I have already done alot of research and found that there is
a patch from sourceforge that has made it work. I am wondering if I really
need it since it seems to be recognized properly:  sane-find-scanner: found
USB scanner (vendor = 0x03f0, product = 0x0305) at device /dev/usb/scanner0

cat /etc/sane.d/hp.conf
scsi HP
/dev/scanner

There is advice in my readings to make proper symlinks and permissions but I
am not sure exactly how to do this in my case. Could anyone offer any help
here?

Thank you very much.

Marcia