On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, L.V.Gandhi wrote:

> I have a few problem with MPlayer.
>
> One I have mdk 82 avifiles as below.
> libavifile0.7-0.7.7-0.20020528.1mdk
> libavifile0.7-devel-0.7.7-0.20020528.1mdk
> avifile-player-0.7.7-0.20020528.1mdk
> Still libavcodec is not taken while compiling.

Umm, ooohhh, scratch_scratch. You start by talking about mplayer, you then
start talking about libavfile, and then you switch to libavcodec. These are
3 seaparate things. aviFILE isn't needed at all for MPlayer. It's a total
different program altogether.

> I will be thankful if you can reply how to recompress to various formats?
> sample commans with options pl.

MPlayer prefers libavcodec, which is not a pre-compiled package, but which
is simple a part added to the build-root of mplayer while compiling. I
suggest starting by downloading MPlayer's last release where libavcodec
should be included, and doing a very long read in the "docs" folder in
that file, because what you are asking if for one of us to re-type the
whole docs folder for you. In the docs you will find examples of encoding,
info about installing, FAQ's codecs, options and so on.

Greetings
Ralph
--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/