Patrik Marxer wrote:

>>Select  Create CD,
>>then Master tracks,then in
>>Master source, then in file directory view,
>>then trace the tree to/mnt/cdrom/<file to be copied>
>>(having first decompressed the radio button,display
>>directory only), then click add,
>>which then brings up add path to master directories window,
>>then click radio button, add to root / , OK,
>>

>>then click create session image,
>>Click calculate size,
>>

>>Here you have two choices, since you only have a writer/rom
>>and no seperate rom drive, effectively you have one choice,
>>so click  Master to image file.
>>

>>that brings up the sliderbar window and all is done,
>>

>>Your now have an iso of your chosen data CD,
>>

>>Then write it to disc.
>>Just go to write tracks window,
>>all - add,
>>all - accept
>>write tracks
>>

>>iso file is then writen.
>>

>>But the easiest way generally is to do the process on the command
>>line with cdrecord, how are you with these programmes.
>>

>>John
>>

>Yea, I think this could work. But it is essentially the same as mounting the
>CD and copying its content on HD and making an iso of that. But I want to
>copy the CD 1:1. An exact copy wich is bootable if it was bootable with the
>same Label, creation Time...
>
>What do you think of this:
>
>pm@merlin:~$ /usr/bin/readcd
>bash: /usr/bin/readcd: Permission denied
>
>there's no man readcd on my system...
>
>the permission for readcd is:
>-rwxr-s---    1 root     cdwriter   117720 Apr 12 21:05 readcd
>
>I am now in group cdwriter.
>
>is readcd the program that xcdroast uses to read cds? (as the name suggests?)
>Well I have changed the permissions on readcd to:
>-rwxr-sr-x    1 root     cdwriter   117720 Apr 12 21:05 readcd
>
>but nothing has changed in xcdroast.
>
>Patrik

xcdroast uses mkisofs for data .
cdrecord to write to disc.

WRITE AS TWO PART OPERATION
===========================

cd /<directory of your choosing>

mkisofs -r -J -v -o temp.iso /mnt/cdrom/<filetobe copied>

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,1,0 -pad -data -eject -ignsize  temp.iso

WRITE ON THE FLY MISOFS | CDRECORD
change directory to  sources,

mkisofs -r -J -v <filetobecopied> | cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,1,0 -data -pad -eject
-ignsize -

John

--
John Richard Smith