I finally got Linux to load using boot magic (had to make it easy for sis to start
Win98
if she needs to print some homework) Well, when I used to try to boot Linux using a
floppy, I got an error like:

Freeing unused Kernel memory: 48K freed
Warning:Unable to open an initial console
Kernel Panic: No init found. Try passing init=option to kernel

Now if I start it through Boot Magic everything loads until I get to the Penguin Screen
(I assume it is the start screen) I identifies itself saying:

Linux Version 2.2.9-27MDK
Compiled #1 Man Jun 14 16:44"05 CEST 1999
One 450 MHz AMD K6-3 Processor, 128 MB RAM
897.84 Bogomips Total
localhost.localdomain

Then, below the penguin it says:

Linux Mandrake Release 6.0 (Venus)
localhost login

I tried my user login name and pass work Linux asks when loading and type in my
password
I get:

[caymen@localhost]$

I try typing in "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and hit enter.......Nothing.
If I dont first type in my user name for Linux (The one you make when installing) and
just type in my ISP email address/username and password, it will keep asking the same
question:

localhost login

If I type in my user name for Linux, I get"

[caymen@localhost]$

Please help me. I am so close, yet so far away.

TIA

Tom