I'm pretty sure it has something to do with msec because i will 'chmod 777
/dev/ttyS1' and after sucessfully running wvdial as root the permissions
of the device will are changed to 755.  any idea how to work around
this or at least account for the device permissions being changed?

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Franki wrote:

> as I understand it, one of the current limitations of wvdial is that it
> needs root when its used standalone...
>
> you need to look into sudo to get it working as a user.
>
> rgds
>
> Frank

Les Henderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]