On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:43:48 -0700 (PDT)
Ibly Piblo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How do you block Nimda attacks from your logs?
>
> Really, now, there must be a way,
> I have tried script after script,
> I am still getting attacked by this IP:
>
> 65.192.141.115

Use iptables.

iptables -A INPUT -s 65.192.141.115 -j DROP

<snip>
> Isnt there something easier, a script I can
> just download and install?

I use one that was posted on this list a while ago.

> I'm going to aggressively fight back,
> if there is a script that I can put in my
> /bin directory that will scan my /var/tmp/blocked
> file and instead of just ipchain-ing them out,
> (INEFFECTIVE!) it will shut them down,
> it is the only way.

I believe Civileme posted a link to a page on PLF that contained such a
script. Check the archives. It is annoying. I've been hit by 81 infected
computers in a little over 2 weeks.

If you drop them, they should not be showing up in your http logs.
iptables gets flushed everytime you restart--could that be it? I run this
if I have to restart:

#!/bin/bash
for idiot in `cat /var/tmp/blocked`
do