Michael Scottaline wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:50:34 -0400
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] scribbled intuitively:
>

>>Hi everyone,
>>Been a long time since i've been in the mailing list.
>>While everybody seems to have new version of mandrake, I still hang on
>>the old version - Mandrake 8.0 .
>>I was wondering if anyone know a good e-mail agent for the Gnome of that
>>version. I have the Kmail 1.2 but i can't get my attachement I click on
>>it but dont do nothing ...just maybe a URL.
>>Thanks in advance.

>I highly recommend sylpheed.  Lightweight, very fast, configurable
>keybindings, and user friendly interface.
>Mike

After messing around with KMail and Evolution, I eventually settled for
Mozilla.  Current RPMs may not work on 8.0, but if they don't, you can
always install from the tarball.  The nice thing is that it's platform-
and GUI-independent.  It doesn't have all the Outlook-like features of
Evolution, but it's still pretty configurable, and thanks to the ease
(?) of XUL programming, Mozilla is developing at an impressive rate, so
it's a good long-term investment.  The one thing I really miss the
ability to stop the mail client loading images (I have a lot of
image-heavy Korean spam!).

Sir Robin

--
"There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those
 who understand binary and those who don't" - thinkgeek.com

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara 06533