On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 19:34, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I need to send a collection of fonts (about a dozen in all) to a windows
> user.  I thought a zip file would be the easiest way., but I'm not sure how
> to get a zip file in linux (Mdk 8.2).  I thought I would temporarily copy the
> files into a separate directory so that I can zip all the files in the
> directory.  Could someone please point me at the way?  I think she has Winzip
> 8, so if I'm stuck, she could probably unzip a tar file.

The easiest way is to install zip. unzip is already installed but, for
some inscrutable reason, unzip isn't (on 9.0RC3). So

urpmi zip

then

zip <name of zip file>.zip <list of files>

will do the job.

WinZip will expand .tar.gz files, but painfully - in two steps and with
a clunky user interface ...

Alastair