On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 06:52:14 +0530
"L.V.Gandhi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have java installed. I included path for plugins in opera. still no jre
> report i get. I didn't find any option in preferences for showing java path.
> How to make it recognize java

first, go to the plug-in page in the configuration, and then:

can you that window inside of which you can specify paths for Opera
to find plug-ins? you can open it up pushing the 'modify path' button.
well, inside of that, click on 'add' and
the path to your jre's _netscape 4_ plugin. ( not java main executable,
you have to find a ns4 directory somewhere. that's what you are
looking for ) for example, i use jre1.4.1 and my path for Opera's
plugin is this:

/usr/java/j2re1.4.1/plugin/i386/ns4/

after that, close all instances of Opera and restart.

HTH

Damian

--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?