Hi femme,

I just sent a "Palladium/TCPA" reminder to most of my friends. It seems there
are two dominant opinions among windows users, that I know:
1) sombody will write a crack
2) fuck them, that's horrible - but I am helpless.

there is no
3) I have had enough of this shit, I quit !!

They are now _used_ to be fucked by their OS. It is an enemy to them. My
friends spend so much time to circumvent those Serial keys, Service Packs
that won't install on pirated XPs, XP Professional that (used as a server)
allows only 10 connections (which renders it useless), Media Player calling
Redmond, removal of spyware and Dialers....

instead of investing this time to learn your way around a new OS.

If you buy a PC you are forced to also pay for an OS that you have to fight
against from then on. It is so normal like it may be normal to children in
Sudan to be hungry.

I would have given up and feel helpless just like my friends if the
installation on my Thinkpad hadn't been (almost) completely painless. (and
vmware did make it easier too to delete the windows partition - one of these
days I will remove vmware too)

Thanks to the wonderful work of Mandrake and those volunteers that make
programs available for free.

I only could convince one of my friends (but it is the one with the server)
to use Linux and we managed to make good progress (fortunately they used
mySQL, PHP and Java even in Windows).

BTW. there are now translations available for the Palladium/TCPA FAQ for a
lot of languages:
Deutsch: http://moon.hipjoint.de/tcpa-palladium-faq-de.html
English: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
Spanish: http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1398