Damian G wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:43:56 -0600
> Miark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Would I be correct if I guessed that when
>>you _print_ the page, it comes out correct?
>>
>>Miark
>>

> wouldn't know, miark, i never even tried.
> however, i doubt it, i found only minutes later
> that the spellchacker was, for some obscure
> reason only comprehensible to the maker of such feature,
> replacing " - " ( what do you call these in english? ;o))
> with  question marks. it was not a bug in OO, not a font glitch,
> the spellchecker was actually replacing the char, so
> probably that's what i would get.
>
> thanks anyway for your quick response. disabling
> spellchecker worked.

You could also try going to autocorrect options and turning on
the feature that replaces minus signs with dashes.  It's moderately
intelligent,
in that it will only autocorrect if there is a space on either side,
though of course it's not up to the clever typesetting stuff in LyX/LaTeX.

I suppose another alternative would be to manuaaly spellcheck a document
    containing minus signs (they're not real dashes or hyphens) and
enter them into the personal dictionary, but I haven't tried this (I
only use OO Writer for reading Word documnets or converting to HTML when
wv doesn't work - for my own writing I still prefer LyX.

Sir Robin

--
"So I repeat myself?  I am great, I contain tautologies."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara