you'll need to create a simlink to /usr/local/bin/netscape.  If I were you, I'd try KDE, it's much more user-friendly than gnome, esp for first-time users.  In KDE, just right-click on the desktop, create new, and choose link to application.  Browse to /usr/local/bin/ and select "netscape"  You can also create an icon on the taskbar, just right-click and select link to "non kde application" then it's the same process.  to choose an icon, just click the properties of the link (on either the destop or the task bar) click on the icon, browse to the netscape icon under system icons, applications. (these are the default icons anyway)
Before everbody starts shouting troll, let me just say that my view on kde vs. gnome is my OPINION. (which happens to be true but I digress :-) ) ---we're still a free country (at least for now)

Todd

Henry Oliver wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi there!

I am using Mandrake Linux on my computer and I installed Netscape 7.0, but there is no icon anywhere on menu and desktop. What is happening on my computer and how can I have an icon for Netscape 7.0? I really would like to use Netscape 7.0 on my computer......Plus I am using Gnome. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Oyaji

I believe that you can right click on the desktop which gets you a menu. Select Menu and Link to Application. You must go to the application and put the link on the desktop. There you should be able to select the icon.