On Thursday 26 September 2002 06:41 am, you wrote:
> Hi Y'all
>
> Just lately, well for about a week, whenever I start up Konqueror in
> Superuser mode, it works fine  until I attempt to browse the /home
> partition - then no files are displayed, the border starts to flicker
> and I have to use Xkill to shut it down.
>
> I do not have this problem in normal user mode.  Is it a known problem?
> Is there a fix?  Should I try re-installing? Or just wait for MDK 9?
> (I'm using 8.2)
>
> Suggestions please.
how are you getting to /home? the only other thing I can suggest from the
info given is; don't be root execpt to do maintainance (those things
requiring root access), and if you "need" to use Konqueror as root, then log
in as a user, and use the "superuser mode" (K, > Applications, > file tools,
File Manager, (Super User) log in as root then, and browse. is that the same?
mabe you are not seeing hidden files? and as root your "home" folder is not
/home/root, unless you want it to be.