On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:10:10 -0500 Steve Jeppesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Does anybody know if there is a setting in MD 8.2 which limits file size
> when downloading?  I have used Galeon and Gftp, and they both make it up
> to approx. 102,400,000 bytes then they just "crash" or exit.  I have
> attempted CD1 and CD2 thru a couple of different mirrors - including
> this one provided by Michael.

Ah, I recognise this one. As root type

InteractiveBastille

which will try to set various parameters to values which "harden" your
system against intrusion and mishap.

Somewhere in the middle of the lengthy wizard there should be an option to
enter a limit for the size of an individual file. It is set by default to
100 (MB); change it to 800 and the ISOs will no longer stop after 100MB.

Mandrake 9.0 has dropped InteractiveBastille; I wonder why ;)

Alastair