> Another idea, implemented.
>
> The broadband connection at home is a bit slow: it would take 18 hours to
> upload the three ISOs. _But_ I've put them on my company's internal network

well, the good part of multi-source download is that you can get faster
and faster as more people get the same file -- with edonkey you start
sharing chunks of the files even if you just started downloading...-- and
since several people already have the isos, it's not such a bad start point.

however i see your point.

anyway i've already looked for Mandrake con edonkey
to see what comes up and found out there's a lot of people sharing
Mandrake 8.1 and 8.2 !

> (with permission) and advertised their presence on the intranet. That
> potentially soaks up 11,000 users directly, who can download at about
> 28MB/sec, and goodness knows how many others indirectly (pass the CDs).

sounds good!

> I also note that the Mandrake Linux Web site is extremely close to being
> slashdotted - it took about 2 minutes to load the front page.
>
> Alastair

yup. the word spread pretty fast. looks good, too ;o)
this is why i won't even try to download from the official
mirrors at least until next week. (i remember rushing to get
Mdk 8.2 as soon as i saw a post in here: "8.2 is out, go get it"
and it actually took me 4 days to get the three discs..)

Damian
--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?