On Friday 27 September 2002 02:42 pm, Andre Stevens wrote:
> Are there any sites that explain how to set up internal modems and printers
> for Linux?
>
> Also, I'd like to set up a home network and put my Linux computer on it. I
> currently have Mac, Win98, WinME. They're not networked yet (I'm a real
> novice), and I need some information about how to go about setting this up.
>
> My Linux version is currently 7.1, and I do plan to upgrade to 8.2.
>
> Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Dre---

Andre:

You've already gotten some good advice, particularly that about mandrakeuser.
A good place to check for potential hardware hassles is:
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/hardware.php3

If you're already running 7.1 OK, I wouldn't expect any problems with 8.2 (at
least none that you haven't already resolved.) Each successive version does a
better job with setting up hardware, and 9.0 should be even better.

-- cmg