On 27 Sep 2002 21:50:20 -0500
Jim Fazio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> List,
>       Does any have any preferences to which journalized filesystem I should
> use in MDK 9.0.  I am assuming there is still three to choose from.  I'm
> trying to research which is "best", but only finding older material.
> Does anyone have a preference? Why?  Which filesystem is the default
> now?  I want to map out my choices before I get there.
>
> TIA,
> Jim F

well, this is usually something like "which is better KDE or Gnome"
however, for what i know, all of them work quite well, ReiserFS
is supposed to be the fastest, however i notice little or no difference,
and it is the only one that has ever crapped out on me -- after
20 or so consecutive unclean shutdowns -- some PAM files broke and the
installation started refusing all logins, so i had to reinstall on that
machine.

And, i've heard wonders about XFS. it is regarded as the best by many
people, and it probably is the one i'll attempt to break next :o)

Damian
--
boot into windows?
what has smashing glass with footwear got to do with Operating systems?