On Friday 27 September 2002 10:08 pm, Seedkum Aladeem wrote:

> > > The md5sum check on the three LM9.0 ISO files I down loaded was
> > > fine. I proceeded to install LM9.0 using the Hard Disk install
> > > procedure and that is where I came across some problems. The
> > > installer asked me about the directory or ISO file of the
> > > Mandrake Linux Distribution. I gave it the path to where I had
> > > the three ISO files.

> > > Then I tried again and I gave it the path as
> > > ...../Mandrake90-cd1-inst.i586.iso and it proceeded with the
> > > install. However it gave me many error messages saying that
> > > some rpm files were missing, like the Open Office files and
> > > many others. It appears it did not see the other ISO files.
> > >
> > > Is there a work around to make see the other ISO files?
> >
> > Well, this may not be the way you want, but I found it works
> > well.  I mount the isos as loop one at a time and copy them to a
> > directory to install from.  Fast accurate installs result.  For
> > example:

> I will try this and see if it will work for me now that the base
> system appears to be working. However, shouldn't the initial
> install be able to see all three ISOs? It is able to read one why
> can't it read the other two? I think that would have been better.

I agree, but I'm sorry I don't know how to do that.  Last time I tried
with the iso, I got the same thing you did and didn't know how to get
around it.  It might involve something to the effect of alt+f2 (or f3
or which ever) to the install console and umounting the one and
mounting the other, but I never tried it.  That's why I do it this
way.  :D

Maybe someone else will chime in with better info on this for ya.
-s