OK, so normally to get into x after rebooting, I put in the following
parameters because any lower color depths make it look ugly

startx -- -bpp 16

And I have that aliased as just "x" so that after getting in, i just do
that and boom I'm in.

Now I'd like to leave it in runlevel 5 because I'm rather fond of the
windowmanager selection, and cause well, it's neat.

But if I just "telinit 5", it starts up X in whatever default color depth
I'd get if I typed in "startx", a lower color depth that is very ugly...

How can I either start the runlevel 5 to use the correct color depth, or
make it so X's default is _always_ 16?

Later,
 David

"Without the Law, there is no Liberty.  Without Justice, there is no Law."