Hi,

I think this may be a simple command, but I havent found it so far. I want to
backup the vmware files on cdr so I need to cut them into pieces that I can
burn on cd and later put those together into the original files again.

What is the program/command to cut files and put them together?

Btw. is there a program that does something like backup a big chunk (home
dir, hda) and automatically cuts it into pieces that fit on cd and can later
restore the original in a place that I specify?

Thank you,
Patrik