On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 13:09, Kristjan wrote:

> Hi
>
> one error that I dont know what to do with
>
> openig any video I get a popup window telling:
>
> "error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device !"
>

> what that must tell to me ? I get this error If two copies of mplayer are running at
>the same time.

I think I saw a similar error when trying to use -vo vesa:xvidix to get
my tv-out working. I don't suppose this is the case here.

If you are using the gui it is easy to try changing video drivers. Right
click to get preferences and then choose a different driver on the video
tab. I think xv X11/Xv is the best (for me anyway).

> And do I need to install some additional libraries or plugins to view divx movies?

Assuming you didn't have to force anything when you installed mplayer it should play
divx using the win32 codecs.
> thanks

Good luck, hope this helps.
Joe