On Sunday 06 Oct 2002 11:01 pm, you wrote:
> On Sunday 06 October 2002 11:24 am, Alastair Scott did speak unto the
>
> huddled masses, saying:
> > I have a feeling the next medium type to die off will be the 100MB
> > Zip disk.
>
> someone has those?  ;-)

I have a usb LS120 drive.  I bought an internal one when files started to get
too big for a floppy, and changed to a usb to make it simple to transfer the
occasional but vital files between my pc and my daughter's.  I had a rewriter
by this time, but she didn't.  I rarely use it as such now, though
occasionally it still does the vital job (she uses hers regularly for backup,
much simpler for her than installing packet writing).  However..

It is now earning its keep.  The floppy on this pc is now so unreliable -
disks are rarely readable on any other machine, and it's hardly worth
replacing it.  I simply keep the usb LS120 plugged in, switch on when
required, and write standard floppies in it.

Aren't I glad I kept it!

Anne