I have an Intel Pro 10/100 card in my Mandrake 8.2 unit. When it boots it
hangs and then tells me that the eth0 interface has failed. If I enter the
following as root, manually, it comes up OK but dies each time the machine is
shut down. There is a file that I can edit that will take care of this so
that when the machine boots the eth0 interfacace will also be don.
Can someone tell me what file and what form the command will take.

"ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.0.0 broadcast 192.168.255.255"
--
William Bradley
http://www.leaflets.on.ca