Good to be back.

I installed 9 on a machine, and when I invoke rpmdrake from
the command line, it examines the available hdlists, and then
it gives the following error:

  rpmdb: region error detected; run recovery.
  Couldn't open RPM DB at /usr/sbin/rpmdrake line 138.

I tried "rpm --rebuilddb" but got similar complaints:

  rpmdb: region error detected; run recovery.
  error: db4 error(-30981) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
         error, run data base recovery
  error: cannot open Packages index

I also tried disabling all media sources other that the CDs,
but it makes no difference. I can't find any mention of recovery
in the rpm man page, or any other "recover" tools no the system.
I'd really rather not re-install from the ground, up. Any ideas?

Miark