On Thursday 10 Oct 2002 6:00 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Gavin Rollins wrote:
> > On Thursday 10 October 2002 04:21 pm, Dale Huckeby wrote:
> > >   I seem to recall there was a brief discussion on either the newbie or
> > > expert list not too long ago on how to stop a print job and clear the
> > > printer's memory (don't want to waste 70 or 80 pages worth of ink), but
> > > I haven't been able to find it.  Can anyone point me to it, or offer
> > > some suggestions?
> > >
> > > THX,
> > > Dale Huckeby
> >
> > Dale,
> >
> > checking my notes from my "Linux Desk Reference" book p.178 (bottom) says
> > try this command.. (straight from the book)
> >
> > lprm [-Pprinter] [-] [job#....][user.....]
> >
> > Remove the specified jobs from the print queue.
> > Example: to remove job 43 from printer lp1:
> >     lprm -Plp1 43
> > job numbers may be obtained via the lpq command.
> > I hope this helps.
>
>   Alas, I killed the job, but my printer is still printing what it has
> in memory.  Perhaps that command only works if you remove a job from the
> cue _before_ it starts printing.  I've decided to bite the bullet so
> I can get my printer back.  Right now I'm feeding it scrap paper until
> it clears its buffer.  (No scrap ink to feed it, unfortuneately.)

I did have a similar problem yesterday.  I killed and unstarted but unwanted
(duplicate) printjob from K > Configuration > Printing > Print Job
Administration - but it didn/t stop.  Nor did switching off the printer to
clear the buffer work.  Eventually I managed to kill it properly from the
CUPS WWW admin tool.  HTH

Anne