On Wednesday 09 October 2002 03:41 pm, you wrote:
> Several of my GNU/Linux native games from a variety of vendors (Loki, LGP,
> etc) had problems installing from the CD-ROM as well.  When I disabled
> supermount, they all installed flawlessly.  Something is definitely up with
> supermount.  But it seems to be working fine for small day-to-day tasks.

I think this must be hardware specific.  I have 5 machines here, all but one
running 8.2 (it runs 8.0 due to adaptec scsi issues), and supermount works,
dragging to floppy and zip drives works, and dragging to flashcard readers
even works, and dragging from CD to anything also works.  One machine is all
scsi, one is mixed scsi and ide, and the rest are all ide (3 have ide CDR's,
and 2 of those also have plain ide CD drives).  The only time I ever had a
problem was with 8.1 when it shipped with supermount broken.

e.