----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis &Sue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 04:27:56 -0400
To: Mandrake Newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [newbie] Changing Default Browser

> I am running Mandrake 8.2, K desktop.
> I have looked high and low for a way to change what
browser opens e-mail (
> K-Mail )  links.
> Currently Konqueror does so, But I would like Netscape
to instead, ( I find
> the tabbed interface very convienent ).
> I have tried the browser preferences, to no avail, the
Docs, with no success,
> and I am thinking there must be a file to edit to change
the default, but I
> can't find any information on which it might be, and
what to edit.
> Can anyone help me here?
Hi Dennis & Sue,

You have to change file associations, and likely add
netscape to the applications list, if it isn't there
already.

Try: KDE "start">Control Center>FileBrowsing>File
Associations>text>html>in application list click "add">in
the "choose application box" type: /usr/bin/netscape
-newwindow %u  (you may have to change this to suit your
version of netscape, and it's location)
Then click OK.

You can then highlight the netscape entry you just made
and move it to the top of the list of applications that
will handle html. When you click a link, netscape should
be called to open it. :)

I hope this might help a little.

All the best.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but
around in awareness."--James Thurber

*Reg. Linux User #278931*
Download the FREE Opera browser at www.opera.com/download/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/