Ted,
        When you run a "rpm -qa | grep samba" what do you get?  This command
will query the rpm database and grep (search for) samba.  I get:

samba-common-2.2.6-1.0.pre2.2mdk
samba-client-2.2.6-1.0.pre2.2mdk
samba-server-2.2.6-1.0.pre2.2mdk
samba-swat-2.2.6-1.0.pre2.2mdk

        I have the samba client (common and client) installed, which is default
I believe, and the samba server (server and swat), which is not by
default.  I you do not have the last two then you need to install then.
I would use the "Install Software" application and search for samba, you
should find the server and swat on disk 2.

Jim F.