On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 06:00:14 +1000
"Craig Williamson (ENZ)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
>       Technically they can't.  Microsoft slapped on new requirements to
> stop them doing that.
>
>       But.  Dell have found a way to get around it.  If you order their
> n-series PC's it has a copy of FreeDOS (one floppy) included in the box.
> The n-series PC's are not advertised, so you might have to ring them up.
> The thing I'm quite confused about, is the fact that the other PC
> companies haven't caught on.
>
>       Hope this helps.
>
> Craig

MS must have tightened the reins, or the person I talked to from Dell was
clueless. I asked for the n-series and she said it was not available. I
asked for a pc without an OS, and she said they don't sell them without
the OS, but that I could use fdisk and wipe everything out. I said but I'm
still paying for the OS and she says no, it comes with the computer and I
said well, don't you think the price of the OS is factored into the price
of the computer?

Let us know if you have an inside scoop!

Todd