Hi everyone
I've got a spare Pentium 200 collecting dust at the moment so I decided
to turn it into my gateway box for my home machine.It's got I think
what's needed to run Mandrake 9.0, i.e. 64 MB of RAM, 2 Gig disk and an
adequate CPU (I think) plus 2 spare NICs I can use (although one is a
USB one).

Can anyone point me to a place where I can read up on how to go about
setting up a gateway box with a single purpose in life of being my
firewall or maybe briefly outline what I need to do?

A couple of words about my main machine - it's a dual boot Mandrake
9.0/Win XP Pro, I use both systems for my work (Photoshop, Flash on XP)
so I guess I need Samba to be running when I'm using XP, I'm connected
via a cable through DHCP, I'm planning to run Apache from time to time
for testing (I do web development) but no other usual services, they
will be all shut down.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Nikolai

PS - my cable connection came with an USB NIC and I had no luck making
it work, back then I was running Mandrake 8.2, so I had to replace it
with something less fancy. Now I'm wondering, since I'm running Mandrake
9 now if that USB NIC is supported now. It's an SMC 2206 USB/Eth thingy.