Mandrake should run on that old fine piece of stuff.... but you need to turn
off plug and pray aware OS in the BIOS, and you need to tell the installer
how little memory is left after subtracting for the video memory, so if you
set the bios to use 4 megs memory, you will need to hit f1 (instead of
enter,) when asked "hit enter to install or upgrade, or f1 for more options".
then type, with out the quotes, "linux mem=60M" (and don't forget to include
the capital M after the number) but before you spend that 15 dollars for a
netcard, buy as much more memory as you can.