Brandon wrote:

it works! im a happy man

Dear Brandon,

I think I missed your thread. How did you get it to work?

I have been asking for help for my sound problems and got some suggestions but none of them have worked. When I do sndconfig it says that my soundcard is not supported. It is supported or at least it was in LM8.2 and I finally did get it to work there with some doing.
My sound chip is the Via chipset 8233C. I know it is supposed to work and did work with the OSS/4Front commercial driver in LM8.2 and finally I got it to work with ALSA is 8.2. So far, it is not working with all suggestions provided in LM8.2. I do appreciate all suggestions and thankyou all for them.

Sincerely,

Marcia