At 02:41 AM 10/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:

On Friday 11 October 2002 9:54 am, Miark did speak unto the huddled masses,
saying:

> I've noticed that on the CLI, if you're actually in a CD directory,
> you can't unmount the drive until you cd out. Makes sense: keep it
> mounted until everybody is done with it.
>
> Perhaps you experienced the same thing in Konq?

in konq just changing directorys isn't always enough.  i assume that it
holds contents in memory, that is why i wondered if it was changeable in
the memory usage settings.

Interesting thread... I am forced to wonder if this has anything to do with my problems... Must investigate. For the record my Drives are Maxtors. Then a Plextor burner & Matshita (Pioneer?) cdrom. Both were/are good quality stuff. Maxtor no problems either.
---
Femme