gikoreno wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I hope you had a nice weekend.
> I've been trying to burn ISO images on my burner. It's the
first time
> I try this on Linux, and so far it's been quite the disaster...
The
> command I am using is the following:
>
> cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 driveropts=burnfree dev=1,2,0 /tmp/s.iso
>

> gikoreno

I take it you downloaded an iso image file you want to write to
disc as
a data file,
because if not then you have to create an iso image file with mkisofs
first, like this,
cd to destination directory,
mkisofs -r -J -v -o temp.iso / sourcetofile

then ,check which lun your device is on,in terminal type,
cdrecord -scanbus

here is mine,

scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) 'PIONEER ' 'DVD-ROM DVD-116 ' '1.22'
Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) 'MITSUMI ' 'CR-48X9TE ' '1.0C'
Removable CD-ROM

my writer is on 0,1,0
dvd 0,0,0

Then,

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,1,0 -eject -ignsize /sourcefile.iso

you don't need -ignsize if it's a small file.
That should do it.
John

--
John Richard Smith