i would guess that mmc is the place to do this,
in my mmc in 9.0 there is a 'wizard' button i followed through a few steps
before cancelling and i came upon a page that listed various types of
connection including 'normal modem', try that route if it is in your mandrake
version

bascule

--
'Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what
they need to get.'