I just got off of this problem myself only I did not realize when I was trying to read the CDRW media that I had used DirectCD to write on it. If it has been written by DirectCD then you will have to go back to windows directCD and convert it to a regular CDRW disc format. Linux cannot read the DirectCD format. Also for your information all CDRW discs come with  an autorun.inf file and a UDF.exe file on them. Before you can use a CDRW media in your linux system and expect to use it you must first erase the cd and destroy both of tese files. Otherwise you won't be able to write to the disc.  OK.

Paul Rodolfo Rodriguez wrote:
How do I mount/browse a CD-RW cd?  This cd was written using an adaptec
program, I think it was called DirectCD.

- Paul Rodriguez