On 29 Oct 2002 18:26:34 -0500
Langsley T Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I've tried to install Mozilla 1.1 on ML 8.2 any
> number of times and I always get the message that 0.9.8 is necessary for
> Nautilus and the Gnome core. So I gave up and didn't install it into the
> /usr/lib directory but settled for installing it into home/user name/
> etc. It isn't as fully incorporated into the system this way but at
> least I can use it for browsing etc. Unfortunately I can't get Evolution
> to default to it when I click on a link in an email.
>
> LTR

Mozilla 1.1 probably isn't in your path.  You can add it (ahead of /usr/bin) or you
can create a symbolic link in /usr/bin pointing to your mozilla.  Actually, you need a
couple of additional symbolic links, but I can't recall them off the top of my head
and I don't have 8.2 installed anymore (but I did run Mozilla 1.0 this way - well,
mine was installed at /usr/local/mozilla).

Joeb