Kesav Tadimeti wrote:

HI,
I was of the impression that Windows 98 needs to be loaded first before
linux or Win2000 since it completely formats the *WHOLE* hard disk. Am I wrong?

Best to install W98 first, thenW2k, then linux, all in seperate partitions,

if you have W98 installed somewhere make a W98 bootdisk and use
fdisk@ the A:prompt to create the first(primary) partition for W98,

then let W2k 's own partition tool that is part of the install CD1 create a partition for W2k,left to it's own devices it will create a logical in and extended dos partition)

leave all the linux partition to diskdrake,

Alternatively you can use dos fdisk, or Partition Magic to create all
the partitions first and then merely format each partition as and when
required by the install programme. W98 requires that it's partition
be formated before W98 install begins.
I use PM and make sure that one primary with one exteneded dos partition
containing any number of logical dos partitions is created as this is the
way the newer OS's like it these days , though I'm told you can force
multiple primary dos partitions. However some OS's don't like it.

John

John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]