On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Martin Cleaver wrote:

> >You specify multiple
> > packages on the same command line such as "rpm -e netscape-common-4.6-1
> > netscape-communicator-4.6-1
>
> But each of the above apparently refers to more than one package :-(
> How can I get a lisrt of what is installed (including duplicates?
>
> I can't force an uninstall, and forcing an install does cut the number of
> references in Package amanger down to one, but doesn't make it any easier to
> uninstall... I just keep getting the error message.
>
> Rgds
>
> Martin

# List all installed packages
rpm -qa
# List Posible duplicates for netscape
rpm -qa | grep 'netscape'
# Delete a specific version of netscape, VERSION='version to delete'
VERSION='4.61stable-1mdk' rpm -e --nodeps \
        netscape-{common,navigator,communicator}$VERSION
# Fully delete duplicate netscape install
for i in `rpm -qa |grep 'netscape' ` ; do rpm -e --nodeps $i ; done

#Boredom?
rpm -q --queryformat "Hello `whoami` your %{name} is version %{version}\n" \
        some_package_name

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon