From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:newbie-owner@;linux-mandrake.com]On Behalf Of Derek Jennings
Sent: Tuesday, 5 November 2002 9:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] vnc

I do not know if there is a specific startup script for vnc in 8.2, but you
could always put this command in a script which gets executed at boot like
/etc/rc.local  This line will run a single command as the named user.

su username -c 'vncserver -geometry 800x600 -depth 16 :2'

(just put it at the end of the file)

You might find the biggest problem is getting the vncserver to shutdown
cleanly so that there are no temporary files left lying about which could
stop the server on the next boot. If you do have a problem precede this
command with one to remove the temporary files.

derek