Hello friends,

now with the keen help of this list I have managed to solve
my NFS-problems and now I encountered something else:

I wanted to upgrade my Sylpheed-version to 0.8.5 from 0.8.2
that I am using today. RPM misses a lot of dependcies and
I don't wanna work through them all so I decided to try
and compile it myself instead (Kvirc3 took about two hours
to compile on my Pentium 166 (I don't want to think about how
long a kernel compile would take LOL)) but when I run ./configure
on this MDK 8.2-system I get the following error:

Checking for GLIB-version >= 1.2.6... no
The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG enviroment variable to the
full path to glib-config

Now I have a couple of questions.

This has been tried on two MDK 8.2-machines with the same result
which leads me to think that GLIB is strangely installed if at all
installed on 8.2 (Please note that I do not have Gnome installed,
but I have Gnome-libs and so on installed). I tried to download a
glib-RPM but only with the result that there was a conflict if
tried to upgrade (Which should mean that glib is installed I guess)
If I do whereis glib I cannot find it. Can anyone point me in the
right direction on what I should and can do

Best Regards,
Anders