On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 08:33, Franki wrote:
> why not get Dells???
>
> more bang for your buck...
>
> and compaq's don't just suck for linux, they suck period...
>
> rgds
>
> Frank

IBM laptops should be notably the best for linux. The current models
have drivers, and remember, IBM is working to put linux in the
mainstream...(and don't it piss M$ off?)(g)

--
Wed Nov  6 09:35:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389

Giving up on assembly language was the apple in our Garden of Eden:
Languages
whose use squanders machine cycles are sinful.  The LISP machine now
permits
LISP programmers to abandon bra and fig-leaf.
                -- Epigrams in Programming, ACM SIGPLAN Sept. 1982