Patrick,

You are not going to find a menu option to fix things for you
unfortunately, but you should be able to get back to a bootable system.

The menu from rescue will include mounting all your filesystems under
/mnt.  Do that.  Then select the console option so you get a command
prompt.

>From there you probably need to edit /etc/fstab, only now it will be
/mnt/etc/fstab.  Take out the line which is trying to mount the
offending partition (assuming it's one that the system can function
without).

Now you should be able to boot and hopefully resolve whatever screwed
up.

This is still not really step by step advice I guess, so post again with
specific questions if you come up against a brick wall.

HTH
Brian

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 08:26, Patrick Griffin wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>             Unfortunately the cd rom is not bootable. I booted from the
> floppy and typed rescue at the prompt but none of the available options seem
> to be of any help I can list the file systems on each hd but that just
> confirms what I already know.

Click Now Consulting
0414 325 521

This e-mail and any attachments were prepared without the use of any
Microsoft products and can therefore be reliably assumed to be free of
viruses.  Nevertheless, the use of current virus detection software is
highly recommended if you are using any version of Windows to read this
message.