Well, I just upgraded my system from 8.2 to 9.0.  In 8.2 typing a word
without a suffix in the galeon address bar took me to [thatword].com.
This is the behavior that I would prefer.  There does not seem to be a
place to specify which behavior I would like.  Secondly, the current
"search" page it sends me to (ultimatesearch) is not acceptable.  It
does not even do the search for you, it just leaves you on the index
page. This is a bug which needs to be fixed.

- Paul