Funny you should mention that.  I have a Soyo K7VX Dragon+ motherboard on
one of my systems.  It's not the one I'm running linux on, but my on-board
sound did fail after just a few months.  I had to buy a sound card to get my
TV card sound to work again.  Line-out still works, but line-in stopped
working.  This is with Windows XP.  Sorry I can't tell you if it would have
worked with linux before it failed.  Just an FYI.

Introducing NetZero Long Distance
1st month Free!