On Monday 11 Nov 2002 11:07 am, magnet wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been having quite a few network problems with my 6 mandrake machines
> recently. All have Samba set up and working so each of the 6 drives can
> been seen, read and written to/from on the token Windows laptop.
>
> So here is the question....
>
> Can I set up fstab on each Linux machine to mount all the other machines
> using Samba so that I can dump using NFS?
>
> Regards
> magnet

Sure you can.  My own experience is that I get better throughput between my
Linux computers using Samba, than using NFS (over wireless LAN)  There is an
issue with permissions though. Like FAT32 Samba cannot preserve permissions
and all your files with be '775' Not sure if there is a way around it, but I
have not found one yet.

derek